The Ultimate Nappy Bag Packing Checklist
Looking for the best way to pack your nappy bag? This is it.
There is one thing that all parents could probably agree on, and that is how much stuff you need to have packed when you go anywhere with a baby.
If you've been wondering what to pack in your Nappy Bag or found yourself forgetting key essentials, you're not alone. Whether it’s your first outing or your hundredth, it’s handy to have a checklist to make sure you have everything.
We are all about escaping the house with ease and minimal fuss, so here's our list of what to pack in your Nappy Bag. Print or screenshot this packing checklist to be prepared for anything life (or your child) throws at you.
Items For Babies and Toddlers
Changing and hygiene:
- Wipes. Store these in our Wipes Case to stop them drying out and reduce bulk in your bag.
- Waste Bags. Use our Eco Bags to store dirty nappies, used wipes and rubbish on the go
- Change mat / Nappy Clutch. Keep nappy change essentials like wipes, nappies, nappy rash cream organised within an all-in-one nappy clutch change mat, so it's all in the one place for change time.
- Nappy rash cream or spray. Malo Baby spray makes on-the-go changes easy.
- Spare clothes
- Small washcloth. Place over babies private parts while changing them as they usually will pee once the nappy is off.
- Hand Sanitiser. Place this in our Hand Sanitiser Holder and attach to the outside of your Nappy Bag for easy access.
- Wet bag
Feeding (as needed):
- Formula. Pop it in a formula dispenser for ease.
- Sterilised water for formula. We love Missta baby thermos and formula dispensers for on the go.
- Sippy cup or baby drink bottle with water in it.
- Snacks or on the go weaning foods like pouches
- Baby spoon / fork
- Food scissors - these are useful to have for cutting
Other baby items:
- Burp cloth
- A blanket and / or muslin cloth depending on the weather.
- Dummy / pacifier (if needed)
Mini first aid/hygiene kit (pop these items into a pouch so you can easily switch between bags as needed)
- Insect repellant
- Alcohol swabs (incase your toddler has a cut or fall that needs to be cleaned)
- Small pack of disinfectant wipes
- Mini pack of tissues
- Period products for mum (a couple of spare sanitary pads, tampons etc. You never know when that first postpartum period will arrive and you don’t want to be surprised while out with bub).
Items for Mum (or dad!)
- Keys (yes it’s obvious but mum brain! It would be a disaster to leave the house without it).
- Water bottle
- Nipple balm and breast pads if you’re breastfeeding.
- Lip balm / hand cream - it's nice to have some self care items on hand
- Snacks for you such as trail mix, a muesli bar or lactation cookies for days that you don’t have time to stop.
- Pen (always handy to have one).
Looking for the best unisex nappy bag?
You've got the packing checklist, what about the nappy bag?
Whether you're just popping down to the shops or planning to be out all day, you’ll never be unprepared with our Nappy Bag, that’s why we’ve created the perfect, parent-tested (and approved) one! No more tote bags that seem to swallow items, never to be found again, this Nappy Bag has a spot for everything.
Not only is it practical and spacious, it’s also luxurious and an item you’ll want to be wearing. The backpack style means your back and shoulders are supported but we’ve also added a shoulder strap for those moments when you just have to get up and go (hello walking stage where babies all of a sudden become The Flash).
This bag is designed with the highest quality vegan leather and the minimalist style is loved by both mums and dads. It boasts eight internal pockets so that everything has a place and won’t get lost, plus seven external pockets for easy accessibility. At the end of each day just restock what you used to make sure you have everything ready for your next outing.
There is a lot to think about when you become a parent, so let us help you make leaving the house a little easier!